Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Cure



My most recent piece of art.  I found this vintage picture in an pld magazine.  It reminded me of the changing times between then and now and that the expectation for all girls isn't "to find a husband" anymore. I am sure there are many people who think that is the ultimate goal for women, but hopefully that will continue to change! The woman getting married in this piece is sending her wishes (the dandelions fluttering behind her) to the little flower girl. Her wishes are for the little girl to know that she can do so many things before she decides whether she wants to walk down the aisle or not.  The stepping stones the flower girl is walking on are books that relate to this same theme. The quote is by Edith Wharton. I was listening to a podcast about "spinsters" and heard this quote. I think it is perfect because it includes the feeling of contentment whether sharing a life/home space with or without another person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment